Friday, September 1, 2017

Editing and cover work

I'll be releasing three books within the next couple of weeks- so watch Facebook or Twitter to see when they go live. Amazon takes longer than Smashwords so they won't appear on Goodreads until a few days after that.

My editor returned the first round of edits exactly a week after the projected date, and I worked on revising for about a week before I sent them back. The final edits were returned to me yesterday. I'm now focusing on formatting and cover art.

For the past two days I have been working more on cover art. I have one cover that I finished several weeks ago, one that is tentatively finished as of last night, and I'm working on the third. The last cover I'm working on is the most difficult, but I wanted it to be my second release in this batch. I worry that I will not be satisfied with the final product due to the images available for use. My imagination is bigger than my available resources, it seems. That is one of the reasons I love writing- there is no similar limitation.

School has started again so it has been a hectic few weeks getting used to our schedules once again. This year I have four hours of free time every morning to focus on my writing goals. I haven't settled into a writing routine yet, but I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment