Monday, July 31, 2017

Vacation, kittens, and Editing

Well it's been a busy couple of weeks. We went on vacation to the mountains with my in-laws. The house was nice and the view of the mountains was breathtaking. We had a great time hanging out together and doing kitschy shopping. We also hiked up a mountain to see some beautiful waterfalls and went tubing down the Chatahoochie river. We had lovely homemade meals and some good talks while the kids played make believe all around the house (we didn't bring toys). The kids got to spend a lot of time with grandpa and I think we all had a pretty good time.

When we returned we went to the shelter to look at kittens. We ended up with two instead of one- a boy and a girl. They are amazingly sweet but the boy is sick. The vet said it's common coming out of the shelter but it's very disconcerting. He got worse over the weekend and now he's on medication and high-calorie nutrient gel. If I can get him to keep everything down tonight he'll be fine in a few days. If I can't, he goes to the vet again tomorrow, possibly for IV.

The kink-friendly editor finally contacted me, saying that she was swamped due to the holiday. She took my work with half the fee up front, and said it would be ready in two weeks. It will be three weeks on Wednesday- which is when I will e-mail her if she does not get back to me before then. What can I say, I'm a trusting soul. I hope the quality of her work is better than her response time. I wanted to release my stories this month, but obviously that can't happen until August. Hopefully early August.

With my vacation and pet excitement I haven't been writing. I plan to carve out a few hours this week. I have to work on the sequels to Summer Beach Vacation and one of the pieces out for editing.

Candle Lover has a lot of downloads, so I'm hoping people are enjoying my work. Considerably fewer have downloaded Summer Beach Vacation. Obviously free is a hot price-point. Heh. My Facebook page has a few new followers. I'm trying to keep up with scheduled posts, choosing articles that are interesting and titillating for my followers.

I read three more books, well, sort of. I downloaded the audio book versions of Clan of the Cave Bear and Valley of Horses, which I read a long time ago but felt a revisit was in order. I'm about two thirds of the way through Valley of Horses. I also read the second book in The Hollows series, The Good, The Bad, and the Undead. It's quite enjoyable, a fun series.

No comments:

Post a Comment