Sunday, June 18, 2017

Critique, revisions, fantasy, and the BDSM club.

The last couple of days I have stepped back from working on writing erotica. I have been sending out my next release for critique and have gotten some feedback to work with on a revision. I'm still waiting for one other person to return their comments and then I will combine what I have and focus fire on that.

I have not heard back from the BDSM-friendly editor yet, but her response time in the comments on her page worked out to be about a week and a half. So I will give that some time.

I have still been writing, however. I've been working on my fantasy novel. I probably shouldn't talk about that particular work here as it will be released separately from my erotica, but I'm feeling really good about it and it's moving along nicely. I've only been working on it for eight years, so maybe this year will be the year I finish it...

I have been working on it most of today and yesterday, and I've taken a break to write this blog post. Once I'm done here, I will read some of the book I'm reading to review on Goodreads before I tackle another piece of my fantasy novel.

During some of my research on writers resources, I came across the group for the BDSM club my husband and I go to. I realized that we have not been there in over a year and I was a little sad. We've had so much going on with work and home life. I think that for the benefit of my writing and for a little fun after what has so far been a very difficult year, personally, we should schedule time to go within the next month. I'll see if I can work that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment