Friday, June 16, 2017

I published my second book!


I released my second book, Candle Lover, on Smashwords yesterday. It is my shortest story, coming in at about 1800 words so I made it available for free. It is pending on Amazon, and will be $.99 there until they price match once it's accepted. There are almost 60 downloads on Smashwords so far, which I'm happy about.

I am busy this week working on polishing some of my upcoming stories. I have two sequels that I'm working on- one for Summer Beach Vacation and one for another story tentatively titled Julia and David which has yet to be released. My biggest time eater has been editing, so that will likely spread my releases out somewhat.

I have reached out to a BDSM-friendly specific editor for my next few items I am working on releasing. I have not heard back yet but I think that is the right direction considering the subject matter of these particular pieces.

I have created a cover for one of my to-be-edited pieces that I feel particularly proud of. It didn't take a lot of photo-shopping but what I did do looks really good. I like all of the covers I have done so far, considering I am somewhat new at it. I plan to continue to do my own covers for the foreseeable future.

I have joined some groups on Goodreads that are for authors to network and share advice on self publishing. I have not actively participated in any of them yet because I am still trying to learn the etiquette of the groups. I have already learned a lot so if nothing else that is progress.

I don't have much on my author page on Goodreads because my full bookshelf is under my "normal" Goodreads. I can transfer a few books over but I am mostly trying to keep it for books going forward. In order to make sure I am fully engaged in community, I have started to review books that I am reading. I am trying to target indie and self-published authors specifically, when before I would have just searched genre and been met with the majority as mainstream publishing results and been fine with a star-rating with no feedback. I understand that feedback helps readers find what they are looking for, even if the book is not for me personally. I am being mindful of that when I give reviews.

I am still waiting on some editing feedback for a story I'm planning to submit to Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 4. I want to make sure that my submission is not rejected for minor errors and has a real chance for consideration.  

No comments:

Post a Comment